Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 07:13:19 +1200
From: "M.Twain" <m--@e--.co.nz>
To: a--@d--.teilar.gr, abp1@UOL.COM.BR, absmith@TIAC.NET,
        a--@n--.carleton.ca, abian@iastate.edu, acb@zikzak.net,
        a--@w--.co.uk, ac817@seorf.ohiou.edu, adolph@cruzio.com,
        a--@i--.city.ac.uk, afanasev@theor.jinr.dubna.su,
        a--@n--.com, aipinfo@aip.org, aj108@cus.cam.ac.uk,
        a--@l--.esa.es, ajdubla@primenet.com, aki@ix.netcom.com,
        AKTAS--@U--NCC.EDU, alchemy@mcs.com, alchemy@dial.pipex.com,
        a--@w--.att.net, amanda_siegfried@uns.purdue.edu,
        a--@i--.ernet.in, analogsys@aol.com, andrew@cantera.reduaz.mx,
        a--@l--.com, antigravnews@rocketmail.com, antiqauto@aol.com,
        A--@a--.com, apw@slac.stanford.edu, archaeus@ilhawaii.net,
        a--@t--.lth.se, ari@eml.hut.fi, arne.bergstrom@scientor.se,
        a--@s--.backbone.olemiss.edu, arp@mpa-garching.mpg.de,
        a--@x--.nl, artbell@aol.com, ar393@OSFN.ORG, ata@ata.org.au,
        a--@i--.netcom.com, aup@azstarnet.com, auto@saber.net,
        a--@a--.cc.biu.ac.il, avoice555@aol.com
Subject: League of the Last Days

Friend of Life,

These are the last days of the unfolding of the unconscious history of
humankind.  Those who survive the apocalypse of these coming twenty-four
moons, will not do so out-of-habit of inactivity and in-consideration.

Those of you (and those subsets of myself) -- who retain their unhealthy
dependencies and fascist violences -- will do so at great conscious cost
and will and effort ...

Not well advised.

The death of the biosphere is clear to all of us who have lived closely
with nature.  The death of the individual is only revealed to those
deeply-dug and broadly-carved sovereigns who have themselves been
plunged into the quickening fire.  Who survived that and the
consequences.

It is all well-and-good to encourage the end of Monarchic fascism,
whether in the form of a 'United Kingdom', or that of a Kuwait or Sweden
or other.  Or the imminent death of the federal empire of the US-of-A,
and the other involuntaryist frauds.  It is quite another to advocate
guerrilla/military accomplishment of same, as we would only be
conducting violence against ourselves and our neighbors -- who support
those universal status-quos, in word and in dollar.  Try boycott.

We must face the truth.  We no longer have the luxury of passing the
blame on to others.  The time is now.  It is not Washington DC, or Royal
London, that must be overthrown.  It is our own internal fiefdoms of
self and family upon which global fascism (sexism, capitalism,
conformity) are built.  Remove those sources and the derivative
primordial stormcenters of violence will disappear forever.

Build sufficient individuals, and communities of harmony will accrue.

To that end I hereby inaugurate and launch THE LEAGUE OF THE LAST DAYS!
The 'Interesting Times' gang.  An 'Apocalypse Transition' society.
[Append your own name ...]

The League of the Last Days is an unofficial and in-corporeal
association of time and mind.   Thus unaffected in thought, word, and
deed by institutional regulation -- but limited in duration by the tick
of the clock, the turning of the tides.

Before the western-year 2000 arrives in its enumeracy, the passions of a
discontinuous globe of human clones will have been issued and spent.
When 2000 arrives, we will view the whole wreckage of some five billion
living lies.  And what value we placed on them when the time of choice
arrived.

This is the time of choice.  You are the chosen.  Now you will choose.

Please consider well.

Millennium Twain,

Leaque of the Last Days,
PO Box 21-972,
Henderson, West Auckland,
New Zealand

Your active nurturing and constructive participation is now sought

-----End of forwarded message-----

--
"I have spoken to one cat, and to many.  And wherever I have gone,   www.zikzak
 my message is the same...  Dream it!  Dream the world. Not this     .net/~acb/