psychoceramics: Re: psychoceramics-digest V1 #436

|> -- acb [has anyone heard of the giant face-shaped asteroid due to
|> collide with the Earth in mid-1998?]
|
|like the one carved by the Shaper saboteurs in Bruce Sterling's Schismatrix?

The face in that story was that of a variant on Paul Mavrides/Palmer
Vreedeez/LIES.  Wasn't that the book which introduced the artificial
world where the "right to die" was the _only_ right, and enforced
by Orbital Mime Control lasers?

[Yes, I know, they're "supposed" to be "Orbital Meme Control Lasers"....]

The Subs didn't last too long in there:
	"Or KILL ME" [Zzzzap] "Arghh!!."

"When I was working on Wall Street, one day during lunch hour I saw a
 guy dash out of the Goldman Sachs building, rip off his suit and throw
 it into the trash, laugh hysterically and jump into a cab.  The lunch
 crowd burst into applause.
"                           ---Ted Rall

http://www.world.std.com/~mturyn