No Subject

>From majordom  Tue Feb 24 13:14:41 1998
From: "Michael T. Richter" <m--@o--.com>
To: "psychoceramics-d--@z--.zikzak.net" <psychoceramics-digest@zikzak.zikzak.net>
Cc: "'m--@i--.net'" <michaelv@igs.net>
Subject: Infectious AIDS: Have We Been Misled?
Date: 	Tue, 24 Feb 1998 07:57:53 -0500
Sender: owner-psychoceramics-digest

In this issue of psychoceramics-digest:

_SUBJECTS_

I had this URL forwarded to me: http://www.duesberg.com/.  The friend who sent it wondered if it was psychoceramics material or not.  Let's take a look at a few bits of the page and see.

---------------8<---------------
"On the basis of his experience with retroviruses, Duesberg has challenged the virus-AIDS hypothesis in the pages of such journals as Cancer Research, Lancet, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Science, Nature, Journal of AIDS, AIDS Forschung, Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapeutics, New England Journal of Medicine and Research in Immunology. He has instead proposed the hypothesis that the various AIDS diseases are brought on by the long-term consumption of recreational drugs and AZT, which is prescribed to prevent or treat AIDS."

Interesting.  Definite kook potential here.  Exactly how he explains AIDS cases in people who haven't taken recreational substances in either the short- or long-term is, of course, not explained.

Now of course to be a real kook, Dr. Duesberg has to be paranoid at least at some level.  Unfortunately I can't get anything from his site right now (he seems to be on a 14.4kbps link or something), so I'll leave deeper digging to somebody with more patience and/or time than I have.

So what do you think?  Is this guy a kook?