psychoceramics: Re: psychoceramics-digest V1 #486

St Aardvark the Carpeted sez:
> Doesn't sound like him...He's middling height, and about sixty.  Grey
> hair, I think he wears a cap, and long, thin face.  The sign is about that
> size, neatly lettered ALL IN CAPS and in different colours.  ...
>             ... All that aside, you're in, what, San Diego I'm guessing?
> I'm in Vancouver.  Heck of a commute.

Yes, I'm in San Diego.  Sounds like a different guy -- I'd put him
more in his forties.  Just figured maybe he had moved.

acb sez:
> Is there any list of the Sign Guy's slogans?  The ones I've heard of so
> far ("THERE IS NO 'X' IN CHRISTMAS", "THE TRUTH HURTS ONLY IF YOU THINK
> ABOUT IT", &c.) are intriguing.  I for one would be interested in seeing
> more of them.

The latter message is more like his messages -- there was also one
about curiosity and cats with especially strange phrasing.  I wish I
had made note of some of the signs.  I suppose that unless he's moved
to Canada or done something to land him in the loony bin (though I
doubt it -- he doesn't seem to be a druggie or especially deranged --
he doesn't even panhandle as far as I can tell), he'll pop up on a
street corner around here again sometime -- I'll be more "religious"
about my note taking.

							spl