psychoceramics: "Homo" is homo

http://users.cybercity.dk/~dko12530/qstudies.htm
"Is the third sex responsible for the rise from apes to men?"

This is more a weird (i.e. *new*) idea than kookery of the sort we are
familiar with here. Personally I suspect that there's a vast underworld
of ignored or forgotten historical/anthropological/evolutionary theories
that would interest many people on this list.

A type of 'erroneous science' which I think I am beginning to discern
is that which explains every aspect of something complex by reference
to one factor. Here we have a theory that says gay men were *the* motor
of progress. (Actually, I've just noticed that Donna Kossy's next book
is _Aberrant Anthropology_, due out next year.) I think there are
quite a few medical examples also ('cure-alls'; monocausal theories
of illness).

-mitch
http://www.thehub.com.au/~mitch