psychoceramics: forwarded message from Blue Resonant Human

-- BEGIN included message

p--@h--.com (Patanīe Pongpā) wrote:

[...]

>For example once I walked up but still was paralysed and I "heard"
>"someone" opening my door and I could feel the "presence" of the
>"intruder" just next to the door(typical oneiric experience,by the
>way!).

[...]

If interested, Brother Patanīe, a gentleman by the name of Joseph
Polanik (j--@m--.com) runs a fine mailing list which
centers on this very topic.  The list is called "ASP" (i.e. "Awareness
during Sleep Paralysis") and runs the gamut from silly new age drivel
to worthless "me too" posts to some occasional gems of very scholarly
research.  I have seen a few professors on the list and there is as
well a good many ... umm ... field reports presented by the
experiencers themselves.

A fascinatingly cross-cultural experiment, the list attempts to lasso
"alien abductions," astral projection, incubus/succubus/old hag
attacks, psychedelic shamanism, and even mundane naive boneheaded pure
physiological perspectives all under the same umbrella.

Understandably, there is a certain level of bickering to be expected
in such a bold, cross-cultural experiment as this but in the final
analysis, the list provides some very useful -- and often intriguing
-- data.

Perhaps I'll see you there.

-Brother Blue, B:.B:.
 http://www.brotherblue.org/
"All impressions of Brother Blue are wrong"

-- END included message