Re: psychoceramics: electric barmaid

[ http://cnn.com/WORLD/europe/9804/21/electric.girl/ ]

> here, this is hardly a new claim.  It usually comes in the trappings of
> 'person who generates extra-strong magnetic field'

Try telling people "every watch I've ever owned has been fast by two
minutes per month" and see what their first theory about this is.
It's pathetic.  Woo, beware my Accelerated Personal Energy Field...

> (which would, I suppose,
> kill most modern appliances, since don't a lot of them have computer chips

The best part is the quicktime video that comes along with the story,
in which it shows her Alleged Electric Field increasing the *digital*
volume setting on a stereo.  Har har.  So if she can flip bits, I guess
it's only a quick step away from being able to use a computer without
touching it.  Interesting looking stereo, wonder if it has a remote...

I think the gullibility of CNN is shameful.

> So don't pick on Jubilee.  She's a boring pointless character who's
> gotten no development (though now that Claremont's back, who knows?)

All I know is what I've seen in the Saturday morning cartoon version, sorry.