psychoceramics: Re: psychoceramics-digest V1 #542

> Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 08:49:41 -0600
> From: "Nathan Shumate" <n--@1--.com>
	[...]
> The authors' thesis is that Freemasonry comes directly from the kingship
> ceremonies of Egypt's Old and Middle Kingdoms, through Moses and Solomon's
> temple, through the Essenes of the Qumran community and Jesus (their
> leader); the secrets were buried under Herod's temple and excavated by the
> Templars, from whom it was passed to the Masons as they constructed Roslyn
> Chapel, where the secret scrolls of Jesus are still buried.

I believe that there's some dispute that Qumran was an Essene community.
I have an issue of "Biblical Archeaology Review" that gives a pro/con
summary of the evidence for this view point, along with some other possible
groups that might have built/lived at Qumran.

> The logic by which they trace this progression is so tortured that it
> screams out in pane.  Anyone who ever used two pillars in a building is an
> ancestor of Freemasonry.  Anyone who ever espoused the ideas of freedom and
> justice is consciously drawing on the Egyptian idea of "Ma'at".  Anyone
> with a headwound is Hiram Abif.  Ugh.

This sounds vaguely like Baigent & Leigh in "Holy Blood, Holy Grail".
Every royal family since the Fall of Rome that had a bee as part of
their coat-of-arms is descended from Jesus and Mary Magdalene.

They have the Templars and Freemasons as part of their long-running
secret organization, the "Priory of Scion".  The tortured logic sounds
very "Holy Grailish" as well.