psychoceramics: net.nut Terry Ortman

Those of you who do not lurk in the dark domains of alt.fan.traci-lords,
comp.sys.atari.8-bit and news.admin.net-abuse.usenet are missing out on
one of the longest running and most entertaining net.soap.operas around.

Seems there's this guy named Terry Ortman who has been running a mail
order business called Star Fleet Software out of his bedroom in Decatur,
IL, selling everything from computer parts, pics and videos of Traci
Lords, MLM virtual web hosting services and goop to put in your tires to
stop them going flat, to diet supplements.

One of his more regular claims is that he could have saved the Cosby
family the grief of losing their son Ennis, if only Ennis had used
Terry's Fix-A-Flat product. If only we'd known ...

Several people claim to have been ripped off when they ordered stuff
from him, and have dedicated their lives to following him around the net
posting warnings every time Terry posts another one of his for-sale

In response, Terry has threatened a $960 million lawsuit ...

I'll attach just one classic OrtRant(tm) to give you an idea where this
guy is coming from. Those wishing to read more should check Deja News.

<begin OrtRant>

BJ NASH CON ARTIST AT LARGE - THIS RIP OFF THIEF WILL SOON BE SERVED
WITH HIS SUMMONS TO APPEAR IN COURT!!!

REMOVE HIM FROM YOUR SERVER!!!!!!!

BJ NASH was hired by my company to process charges for services made
to home telephone numbers!! HE RIPPED ME OFF, TEHFT OF SERVICE and
this SCUM BUICKET, who I SEE is still using connectnet.com is STILL
SPAMMING PEOPLE with my Commercial ADS!!!

BJ NASH is on the 10 MOST WANTED LIST!!!

The LAWSUIT is being filed on MONDAY BJ, so you better hope your mommy
and daddy tell the Police when they come to serve you that you are no
longer hiding unde4r your BED in the BASEMENT but you fled the
country, because you will BE IN COURT HERE, or a warrant for your
arrest will be issued, you THIEF!!!!

Think your so SMART, SPAMMING ted.org and using my addresses, that you
MADE UP!!!

BETTER PLEAD GUILTY when you appear in court and BEG the JUDGE to
throw you in JAIL, because you may never LEAVE this city when I get
through with you!!!

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 03:07:29 -0600, you wrote:

>From: b--@c--.com
>Newsgroups: alt.fan.traci-lords
>Subject: Re: Catfish the LOSER and FRAUD
>Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 03:07:29 -0600
>
>In article <6h6bq9$t1v$1--@n--.dejanews.com>,
> r--@i--.netcom.com wrote:
>>
>> In article <3--@2--.126.102.10>,
>> n--@u--.net wrote:
>>

>> > Etc., etc.. I am Listed in Marquis Who's Who in Midwest America, =
and
>> > Who's Who in the Media and Communications.
>> >
>> > THAT is the ONLY PLACE you need to go to get my info.
>>
>> 1) Anybody can get in Who's Who for a fee
>> 2) Check Who's Who... Ortman isn't there (must have forgot to send his=
$50)
>> 3) There is no Who's Who in the Media and Communications.
>> 4) The bestplace to get Ortman info is from the Il. State Police =
(after they
>> confisacted is gear) try Det. Rodney Miller in Decatur or BJ Nash's =
Ortman
>Fan
>> Club (do an altavista search on Terry Ortman).
>>
>> Ron
>>

>Check out the new Ortman/Scammer forum at
>http://aircraft_r.321media.com/321/discussion/bbs?formmodname=3DTracking=
TerryOrt