psychoceramics: (Fwd) Re: Neurodeconstruction

He/she/it is at it again. We may have a new regularly posting kook here.

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.science
From: mentifex @ scn.org (SCN User)
Subject: Re: Neurodeconstruction
Sender: n--@s--.org
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 16:05:59 GMT

When b--@f--.edmonton.ab.ca (Blaine Gordon Manyluk) wishes
a demystification of "Neurodeconstruction" nota bene, cogita diu.

What child has not had an older brother who left books about "The
Mule" lying around?  What boy has not had his intellectual dreams
altered forever upon witnessing the mind-machine linkage in "For-
bidden Planet"?  Thenceforth festers the desire to make AI minds.

When the mind-design is ready for public-dominialization,  Usenet
offers the broadest dissemination but some inscrutable newsgroups
-- alt.postmodern -- alt.neo-tech -- defy comprehension of theme.
Analysis of the long stream of thoughtful, carefully reasoned and
gravitas-laden posts yields a flashing recognition of invocations
of the vogue of "Deconstruction" as practiced by literary critics
in Nazi-occupied Europe.  Mutatis mutandis:  Neurodeconstruction.

  /^^^^^^^^^^^\ concept-fibers ganged together as /^^^^^^^^^^^\
 /  -infancy-  \ 3 mini-grids of semantic memory /  -infancy-  \
|               | including "grandmother" cells |               |
| episodic      |  * $ H-----H * * H $ H * H $  | episodic      |
| visual        |  * $ H $ * H *-* H $ H * H $  | auditory      |
| memory        |  * $ H $ * H * * H $-------$  | memory        |
| recognitions  |  * $---$ * H * * H $ H * H $  | activations   |
|      /------- |  * $ H $ * H-------------H $  | at            |
|      |        |  * $ H $-----------$ H * H $  | multiple      |
|      +------- |  * $ H $ * H * * H---H * H $  | random        |
|      |        |  *-------* H * * H $ H * H $  | intervals     |
|      |        |  * $ H $ * H *-* H $ H * H $  | such          |
|      +------- |  * $ H---------------H * H $  | as:           |
|   ___|___     |  * $ H $ * H *---------* H $  |    ________   |
|  /image  \    |  * $ H $ *---* * H $ H * H $  |   / stored \  |
| / percept \<--|----->H $ * H * * H $ H * H----|->/ H-e-l-e-n\ |
| \ of Helen/   |  * $ H $ * H * * H $ H * H $  |  \ phonemes / |
|  \_______/    |  * $ H $ * H * * H $ H * H $  |   \________/  |
|               |                               |               |
|  -maturity-   | language ________ structures  |  -maturity-   |
|      /--------|-------\ / syntax \            |               |
|  /image  \    |    ___V____V___  word-fetch   |   /      \ |  |
| / percept \<--|-->/ conceptual \--------------|->/ stored \|  |
| \ engrams /   |   \ mini-grids / for thinking |  \ words  /   |

Alpha Bletchley Ctesiphon Dongba Futhark Grof Heisei Merced Tesla

--
Bruce Baugh <*> b--@k--.com <*> http://www.kenosis.com/bruce
See my Web pages for...