psychoceramics: (Fwd) Cosmo Joe Speaks

I'm really glad to see such quality material from WebTV customers.

=-=-=-=-=

From: COSMO JOE <COSMO_JOE @ webtv.net>
Newsgroups: sci.astro
Subject: Cosmo Joe Speaks
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 08:43:30 -0700

Contracting Universe Hypothesis
     As we approach the end of this century and millennium, i hope that
we do not drag along with us, the inane "religious view" that the
Universe we know today, came from some small cosmic kernel no larger
than a walnut.
     The fact remains, "that we do not know if the red-shift irrevocably
means galaxies in flight."  Our interpretation of Hubble law still
remains as man's interpretation of his Universe, and not manifest
phenomenal behavior as most doggedly believe.  Lastly, the recession of
galaxies remains impossible to obse, and had it been observed, its
proponents would have never engaged in the possibility of "tired light".
     As true scientists, presumably liberated from the schackles of
custom and the tyranny of religion, not to mention our own vanity and
arrogance, what harm might come to the student of astronomy to be
praised and supported in the quest of an alternative scheme, such as one
based upon mass decrement in time?  Nothing that i can see, unless those
opponents of such notions, secretly cling to their religions, and as
scientists refuse to accept the slightest tinge of credibility of
another hypothseis naturally resting in opposition to creationsim, which
seems to be the case today--mythology still being alive and well.  Where
do you fit in?

--
Bruce Baugh <*> http://www.kenosis.com
Moderator, comp.os.ms-windows.win95.moderated