Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 10:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: kirk.shanahan @ srs.gov
To: f--@d--.metc.doe.gov
Subject: Patterson, Mills, etc.

     Hmm...I seem to have started something I wish I hadn't.

     The Patterson Power Cell is still out there, only they're selling a
     non-heat producing version called the RIFEX kit to selected labs who
     wish to study the chemically induced nuclear transmutation they have
     'discovered' with it.  OK, OK, pick yourself up off the floor...

     The PPC and Mills stuff and a bunch of other fringe science topics can
     be discussed on the Vortex-l mailing list, or in the Usenet newsgroup
     sci.physics.fusion.  For a good overview of the various proposed
     solutions to mankind's energy problems you can look at:

     http://www.skypoint.com/members/jlogajan

     Vortex-l signon instructions and archives can be found at:

     http://www.eskimo.com/~billb/weird/wvort.html

     I vote for termination of these kinds of discussion on this list.