Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 13:37:21 -0800
From: St Aardvark the Carpeted <a--@a-->
To: a--@i--.bc.ca
Subject: nytimesjan98.html

                           The Enterprise Mission

                      Bizarre January in New York City

   Hope you're as intrigued as I am by the bizarre "coincidence" of the
   5th Avenue "19.5 disaster" on Jan 2. As discussed in my original Web
   piece, (A Possible January, 1998 "Hale-Bopp Event"), January 2 was the
   day that Hale-Bopp's orbit actually "crossed" Sirius -- as seen from
   the moving Earth. If you count Jan 2 as a "miss" of one full day, the
   odds are 365/2, or -- 182 to 1 against "chance." So, so ... But wait.

   According to one of the business owners quoted in today's second New
   York Times story (January 5, See below), the New York firefighters
   woke that owner (Taylor) and his wife "about 5:30 AM." That would
   reasonably put the break at "around 5:00 AM." Sirius was on the
   horizon at 4:54 AM in New York, Jan 2 -- as it was at 5:11 AM during
   the "Greenland Event," December 9.

   I was also intrigued by Taylor's other comment: "It looked as if a
   bomb had gone off out there [emphasis added]." I'm having one of my
   former assistants in New York (Carrie Clark) check with the Columbia
   and other local geological observatories to see if there was any
   suspicious "seismic event" at around the "proper time." She's also
   getting us local video.

   Now, according to the initial January 3rd Times' piece, "... 1.5
   billion gallons of water [surges] daily through 6000 miles of [water]
   mains [under New York]." Since, according to the story, the break --
   between "19th Street and 20th" -- was about five feet long, the odds
   of that "5 feet" rupturing between those two streets, out of 6000
   total miles, is -- 6000 feet times 5280 feet/mile, divided by 5. Or--

   Over 6 million to one ...

   Factoring in the odds of the "break" choosing that exact time [when
   Sirius was within 10 arc minutes (one third of a Full Moon) of the
   horizon -- about "2000 to 1"], and that raises the odds against this
   being "an accident" to--

   12,672,000,000 to 1!

   Now, lets go back to the day; 180 to 1 for Jan 2 (as opposed to the
   3rd) being "pure chance." We must multiply 12,672,000,000 by ~ 180,
   which give us "about 2 trillion to 1 ..." against chance! In other
   words, Art, the odds strongly favor at this point someone choosing a
   "small" symbolic event (as opposed to "the big one") to prove their
   "ritual Egyptian point" ... at "19.5," with Sirius on the horizon, in
   the one major city which sits at "Cydonia's latitude" on Earth --
   40.868 ... Getting interested?

   Finally -- don't you think it strange, given the magnitude and
   location of this event (the heart of the most famous city in the
   world, on its most famous street), that NOTHING has appeared in ANY
   media (including the Web) ... outside of NYC (just like "Greenland")
   ..?

[snippety-snip!]

   The Enterprise Mission
   P. O. Box 1130