psychoceramics: UN troops in national parks

In the last few days there's been a lot of traffic about dastardly UN troops
massing in American national parks. Now, this has been good for the usual
humor...

"I've seen 2000 white jeeps a night heading west from Tampa." "They must be
clogging up the Gulf of Mexico by now."

"Parks now carry blue UN ownership plaques." "Those are handicapped parking
signs."

...but I'm curious. I tend to think of conspiracy theories as falling into
two camps: those based on a smidgen of evidence misinterpreted, and those
with no factual basis at all. Anyone know whether there's something
reasonably real that's sending these folks off into tizzies, or is this like
Linda Thompson's stuff about traffic signs with encoded info so the New
World Order troups can blow up bridges?

--
Bruce Baugh
b--@a--.com