Re: psychoceramics: Barcodes = Mark of the Beast????

>This guy started off sounding relatively sane talking about the
>assault weapon ban and the 2nd Ammendment. Wouldn't you know, he then
>started going off about the UN, black helicopters, and the like before
>bringing up "smart cards", barcodes, and....the Mark of the Beast. He
>said something about the number six on barcodes being "two very thin
>lines very close to each other" but then the host cut him off.
>
>I was able to gather that these smart cards, which are "currently in
>use by the Canadian government," are credit-card like and have all of
>a person's information embedded in the magnetic strip, but I was
>really intrigued by the barcode conspiracy. Has anyone heard of this?
>What is it, and is there a website somewhere that references this?

I've heard of this barcode thing.  The Skeptical Enquirer dealt with it a
few years ago.  I think the rumor comes from someone assuming that the
numbers on top correspond exactly with the lines just below them on a
barcode.

Someone looked underneath a 6 and saw a certain width of line, and then
noticed that it was the same line that's at each end and the middle of
every barcode.  Unfortunately, the line doesn't mean "6".  I don't know
what it means, though.

I've heard of these smart cards too, and I think they might actually be a
much more real danger.  Apparently, the new federal immigration bill
makes it mandatory for every person in the US to get one of these cards,
which has iris print, footprint and hand print info on it.  If anyone has
the text of this bill, or knows exactly where it might be on line I'd
appreciate it.

--
  Vision Temple: "Abolish Relativism"                Rev. Matthew A. Carey
 Send $1 for weird stuff via real mail.              18653 Ventura Blvd.