psychoceramics: Kooky Christian Radio

(( The following article was posted by NENSLO to alt.slack recently. ))

	I just discovered my new favorite radio program.  Brother Stair,
God's Last Day Prophet.  5 to 6 pm on KKSL in Portland Oregon, and
apparently broadcasting on shortwave all around our lucky world.  Postal
Address - Box 691, WALTERBORO SOUTH CAROLINA, 29488. Ask for the cassette
on SORCERY.

	What makes Bro. Stair so totally FUCKED that Even I whose time is
SO VALUABLE will spend an hour listening?  Wellsir, for one thing, the
technical quality is as bad as something YOU would do.  Lots of static and
background noise, words and sentences cut in half by the CLUNK of a cheap
cassette recorder.  He loves to read "scholarly" articles on things like
mind control and weather control and computers and astronomy, and stumbles
deliciously over the tough words, consistently mispronouncing EVERYTHING,
with a stilted droning delivery harkening back to the glory days of Pastor
David Webber of the Southwest Radio Church Watchman On The Wall/Bible In
The News broadcasts (S.W. Radio Church out of OKC is still pretty good,
they're concentrating more on creationism lately and Brother Noah
Hutchings is pretty funny, but he's NO DAVID WEBBER. Although just the
other day he did say that if there was NOTHING IN THE UNIVERSE EXCEPT ONE
BLADE OF GRASS, science STILL could not explain its existence.  Hard to
disprove, eh?)
	This Brother Stair broadcast is a christian radio program even my
own wife can sit and listen to, laughing aloud.  Brother Stair believes
that medicine is SORCERY.  When you go to a doctor you are participating
in WITCHCRAFT.  He IS God's Last Day Prophet, and the articles he reads
all prove that "It's already happening!"
	It's been a long time since I had such a total feel-good
experience from christian radio.  Thank you, Brother Stair!