psychoceramics: RE: Aetherius

>Has anyone heard of the "Aetherius Society"?

Ohhhhhhh, yeah.  Aetherius is interesting in that they are *easily* the most
successful of the fifties flying saucer-related religious cults, still going
strong after 42 years (!!!!!) in operation!  There's some interesting footage
of them in a documentary I recommend highly, "Farewell, Good Brothers", which
covers the fifties saucer scene and its sad remnants.  I particularly like
the way their founding epopt, George King, gets awarded all sorts of
interesting titles (and accompanying hats) by the Space Brothers...  Hey,
it's no sillier than the Catholic Church.

Bruce W.