psychoceramics: Suggestions, Please?

Someone who knows about my interests in hieroglyphics and the bizarre
has sent me a paper by one Mario Pazzaglini, PhD (anyone heard of him?)
entitled "Studying Alien Writing".

Pazzaglini collects alien writing, some of which has been received by
people telepathically and some copied from "external alien sources".
He breaks this all down into categories:  syllabic, alphabetic, etc.
(how he decides this isn't explained).

When asked if he's consulted any professional epigraphers, he says
he's talked to Barry Fell's students (now, *there's* the first place
I'd go for reliable info!).

What this is all leading up to is:  he asks that people send him
samples of any alien writing they might have.  And it just so happens
that I have a copy of the old "Mayan alphabet" that Gaspar Chi wrote
for the conquistadors, and I wonder . . . . .

But I need a good story - Pazzaglini demands written permission
that he can publish such things, so there has to be some
plausible explanation of how I came to "own" it.  I don't think
I'd be very good at claiming I was an abductee or a telepath.

Suggestions?

Nancy McNelly                                   "Ma in k'ati"
http://www.he.net/~nmcnelly/                 Gaspar Antonio Chi
Mayan hieroglyphics, virtual pyramid, & more