psychoceramics: Re: psychoceramics-digest V1 #116

Nancy,

>Someone who knows about my interests in hieroglyphics and the bizarre
>has sent me a paper by one Mario Pazzaglini, PhD (anyone heard of him?)
>entitled "Studying Alien Writing".

There was a good interview with Dr. Pazzaglini in *The Excluded Middle*
Number 6. Don't write him off too quickly as a mere kook--he's a
well-respected clinical psychologist with a strong background in sensory
physiology. His fascination with "alien writing" stemmed from his
psychological research. In some cases he had found that some of the
writing actually formed coherent phrases. Admittedly a lot of those
coherent phrases still seem like gibberish, but it's consistent
gibberish. He doesn't claim that the writing is "alien" in any sense
except that he doesn't believe this information is strictly of the
writer's imagination. For example, alchemical symbols and "magickal
writing"--a stick alphabet derived from Hebrew--have appeared in "alien
writing" by people with no mystical or magickal training.

If he's now publishing, perhaps that's because he thinks that it's safer
to do so now, unlike the 60s when Timothy Leary and other radical
theorists were being punished for their activities.

I don't know what to think of him, or of "alien writing". Life is pretty
fucking weird as-is. All I know is, compared to Ashwander or Dec,
Pazzaglini is amazingly sane and intelligent.

>But I need a good story - Pazzaglini demands written permission
>that he can publish such things, so there has to be some
>plausible explanation of how I came to "own" it.  I don't think
>I'd be very good at claiming I was an abductee or a telepath.
>
>Suggestions?

None. You're on your own on this one--but if you manage to get an
audience with Dr. Pazzaglini, by all means post.