psychoceramics: the Raelians in the news

>From the (Melbourne) Age, 5 Sep 1996, page A5:

  Aliens:  they're not our enemies

  The multi-million dollar Hollywood movie Independence Day promotes
  inter-planetary racism against extra-terrestrial life, according to a
  Brisbane man who belongs to a movement which believes aliens are peaceful
  and loving.

  Mr. Bertrand Schmitt said Independence Day, or ID4, painted a false
  picture of aliens as warmongers set on destroying the human race.

  Mr. Schmitt has been warning moviegoers of the dangers of ID4 since it
  opened in Australia last week, distributing leaflets outside Brisbane
  cinemas.

  Mr. Schmitt said the $70 million movie was merely propaganda to promote
  the booming extra-terrestrial industry across the world.

  "Let's not be frightened of aliens -- we need to accept the unknown,"
  said Mr. Schmitt, who said he was a member of an international
  group, The Raelians.

  "We should not make a connection between this movie and reality."

  Mr. Schmitt said the Raelian movement believed the aliens who created
  the human race would visit earth before 2035, but only when peace
  prevailed.
    -- AAP

--
"All around me darkness gathers,               http://www.zikzak.net/~acb/