Re: psychoceramics: PLEASE EAT THE SAME OFTEN

[Graham the Happy Scum]

> > From: Mitchell Porter <m--@t--.com.au>
> > Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 22:41:32 +1000
> > Subject: psychoceramics: PLEASE EAT THE SAME OFTEN
> >
> > I've seen variations on this message stuck to walls, telephone poles, etc.,
> > dozens of times over a five-year period, here in Brisbane. I have no idea
> > who's behind it.
> >
> > PLEASE EAT THE SAME OFTEN
> > 5 TO 10 FOODS MAINLY SACKS
> >   OF POTATO'S WITH NO SALT
> > MICROWAVED AND HAVE PLASTIC
> > [OR] WOOD FURNITURE
> >   _NO CUSHIONS_ AND RUN A
> > PERSIAN RUG OR CARPET OVER A
> >   DOUBLE BED BASE OF WOOD AND
> > SLEEP ON THAT FLAT SURFACE
> > [POTATO'S ALL] THE TIME PLEASE
> >
> > [square brackets indicate reconstructed text]
> >
> > - -mitch
> > http://www.thehub.com.au/~mitch
>
> Yep. Messages of that nature, in a sans-serif narrow font, popped up
> everywhere in Sydney too, while I was there. I have no idea who's
> behind it either. At least I know it's not just a Sydney phenomena now.
> It looks like a Asian penitence cult (or a jake) to me. Any sightings
> in other cities?

None here (yet).  It may not be a penitence cult, but rather a
solution-to-the-world-problem crackpot, who believes that
eating potatoes and sleeping on a rug will prevent earthquakes or
global warming or something.  There is certainly a lot of precedent
for such kookdom.

--
"All around me darkness gathers,               http://www.zikzak.net/~acb/
 Fading is the sun that shone;                           <a--@d--.null.org>