Re: psychoceramics: Fwd: FORWARD: Age of Consent (fwd)

[Alan Terlep]

> On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Rev. Cedric Mannington wrote:
>
> }> By mounting the infrared detectors on mobile phone towers, they could
> }> then be easily linked to automatic telephone systems that could alert
> }> the authorities.  Special morals police could then catch the offenders
> }> in the act.  This would not be a perfect system of course, but if a few
> }> innocent adults have their privacy invaded, that may be the penalty we
> }> have to pay to clean up the world.
> }>
> }> The price of freedom from moral decay is eternal vigilance and monitoring.
>
> This sounds like a serious candidate for a jake here--I can't quite put my
> finger on it, but the emotional index of the words used is completely wrong
> for a real person, even a kook, of this nature.

Possibly.  I don't think he's a real devout Christian in the spiritual
sense.  He also doesn't read like a Creationist or end-times/rapture/NWO
ranter or anything similar. Though I'm not sure that this is a self-aware
joke.  There is a third alternative;  that he is genuinely disturbed or
psychotic, feeling the need to militate against something fanatically, to
wage a crusade, and that he adopts the guise of militant Christianity (which
is relatively common in this society, and not at all uncommon in Queensland*,
where he hails from) to do so.

I imagine that this person is more likely to be mentally disturbed than to
be a joker.  (Though after GLOCK 3 (the "gang" on the web) turned out to be
a prank, I cannot be certain that this isn't a joke.

* Queensland was the demesne of ultra-conservative/fundamentalist premier
  Joh Bjelke-Petersen for many years a while ago.  It is known as a hotbed
  of Creationism and xenophobic conservatism (the League of Rights, Pauline
  Hanson, etc.) to this day.