Re: psychoceramics: Left vs Right (fwd)

> On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Ribit R. Ribit wrote:
>
> > 'scuse me?  transhumanism?  whassat?
>
> Uh, postbiological era. Autoreplicating machines, ALife. We becoming
> machines, going out to the stars. (Moravec's gone over the edge now though,
> turned religious).
>
> http://www.aleph.se (Anders Sandberg)
> http://www.transhuman.org  should work also
> http://www.lucifer.org (or .com, I forgot. Not at all associated with
>                         http://hell.com )

Hans Moravec's first (popular) book, "Mind Children" is well worth a
quirksome read. I know he was working on another, because there were a
couple of chapters from it posted on one of the transhuman sites a
couple of years back (containing, among other things, descriptions of
wars for informational resource space when everyone has been
downloaded, and the conversion of all matter in the galaxy into
computing mechanisms). That already seemed fairly over the
edge. Questions:

1) Has this second book been published?
2) Is he still actively posting anywhere, and is anyone archiving
those posts? (he used to be on comp.ai.philosophy sporadically, but I
stopped reading it ages ago).

Cheers,
Pete.