psychoceramics: Kook-bashing

>From: Tom Easton <e--@t--.thomas.edu>
>See A. K. Dewdney's _Yes We Have No Neutrons_ for a lengthier version of
>this objection to SETI (as well as put-downs of a number of other areas
>of fringe science).

Actually, that's where I first saw the objection spelled out.  (SETI always
struck me as a little odd -- I just couldn't put my finger on it.)  Then I
read Sagan's Demon-Haunted World and found out that Sagan's criterion for
good science were identical to Dewdney's.  I hit various SETI sites and read
several articles on it (including some by Sagan Himself) and realized just
how blind Sagan was to his own follies.