psychoceramics: Blind Cyclists

->  SearchNet's   IUFO   Mailing List

and their organs. There is more than one blind person that can "see"
with their hands, touch colors etc. I saw a demonstration of a
blindfolded man in England driving a car while waving a hand around to
see where he was going and a blind guy riding a bicycle around trees and
curbs etc using his ears to locate objects.  smell and taste are very
closely linked of course. Then there is dysphasia, where musicians see
sounds and painters hear colors. Some people see the auric field very
clearly. So it would seem that the difference is one of frequency
tuning....a matter of perception.  KD'C

>>     What lies BETWEEN the threshold of the 'sense' of sight and
>>     sense of hearing?  If we think of these things as being on a
>>     'spectrum' the question gets very interesting.>>
>>     Or weird.  Dunno which yet.  :-)

>> Thanks, Gus.  :-)>>>

>In answer to this last, I can't really say much, for I dunno either.
Is there some sense between sight and sound that we are missing out on,
some "mid-spectra" thing we have not developed an organ for the
interpretation of?  It's hard to imagine what might be lying between the
visible and the audible, they are such distinct senses, one is reflected
light being registered by our eyes and the other is vibrations in the
air picked up by ears - what could possibly constitute an intermediary
effect?  Or am I missing something here?
>I don't think any of what I just said makes sense, but anyway...>>Kind
regards, -->darrian carveR