Re: psychoceramics: the mir-acle of medjugorje

> From: "Mike Rickaby" <m--@c--.infi.net>
>
> > Have a close look at the picture heading
> > the page. Look into the clouds... could that be... the word "Mir"?
> > Could it be that the BVM is telling us to support the space program?
>
> Actually, Mir is Russian for peace. I'm not sure what language is spoken in
> Bosnia (Bosnian?), but it is probably Slavic, closely related to Russian.
> Some of the Slavic languages use Roman alphabet, some (like Russian) use
> Cyrillic. Which was probably created about the same time Mir went up ;)

In Yugoslavia the language was Serbo-Croatian, which could use
both. Apparently it has been decided to divide it into two languages,
Serbian and Croat, depending on whether it is written using Cyrillic
or Latin characters, respectively. There are regional differences in
word use too: formerly dialects, these are apparently now enough to
make for whole separate languages, so long as you tack vehement
political agendaizings onto your argument.

Fun, fun, fun.