psychoceramics: London Psychogeographical Association (fwd)

-----Forwarded message from Reverend Joe McNally <f--@e--.co.uk>-----

I can't seem to post this to the psychoceramics list, so I'd be obliged if
you could pass this on -

The London Psychogeographical Association are a curious crowd. It's hard to
tell how much of their stuff is "genuine" crankery and how much is intended
as Robt. Anton Wilson-style "guerrilla ontology". They grew out of the
Situationist movement in the 60s, which viewed psychogeography as an
important revolutionary weapon; again, they were hard to pin down as either
kooks or political clowns. The LPA disbanded in September 1997, soon after
the death of Diana, which they felt was as good a signal as any to call it
a day. They had previously predicted that Prince Charles would be
sacrificed to help usher in the Millennium; I had the good fortune to chat
with one of their creators, Richard Essex, at a book launch the Monday
after Diana died, and he seemed rather taken aback by the near-accuracy of
it all.

-----
Nothing in this post is necessarily the opinion of John Brown Publishing or
Fortean Times. On a bad day, it might not even be mine.
-----
I was there when Roy Stilling confused Legio IX Hispana and Legio II Augusta!

-----End of forwarded message-----

--
"I have spoken to one cat, and to many.  And wherever I have gone,   www.zikzak
 my message is the same...  Dream it!  Dream the world. Not this     .net/~acb/