psychoceramics: Berkley OJ Guy and other stuff

Gunnar Hellekson wrote:
> I've heard stories from friends in CA about a hippie that took too much acid
> and has been tripping for 20+ years.  He walks the Berkeley campus with his
> arms extended, bobbing this way and that, claiming to be a glass of orange
> juice.  If someone bumps into him, he gets very hostile for fear that someone
> will spill him.
>
> Can anyone corroborate?  Caveat haquer...

I can anti-corroborate.  This is just one popular variant on the 'takes too
much drugs and is permanently deranged' urban legend.  Check the AFU faq and
archives for more details.

I'd also like to bring up the topic of stealth kooks--folks who outwardly
seem fairly normal and get along passably in society, but have a secret
bizarre life.  One of my fellow graduate students seems only somewhat odd,
but some invasion of his privacy has revealed that he is a cross-dressing
time-traveling guardian-angel-possessing spirit-chanelling reincarnated
alien from the planet Octogeneris.  He is currently working on a tome that
will disclose the final explanation that will link together UFO's, spirits,
Atlantis, the nature of space-time, and lots of other stuff.  I actually
have a lot of respect for him; If I were as cracked as he is, there's no
way I could seem as nearly human as he does.

Have any of you made similar discoveries?  And is it really any of our
business?  Is there any way to guess how many people are doing such oddities
behind closed doors?

Bill jacobs
William Jacobs             | The game (Hexen) consists of hitting imps on
San Diego State University | the head with magic hammers until their brains
Astronomy Dept.            | explode, but it isn't as complex as it sounds.
b--@m--.sdsu.ede   | - James Lileks