psychoceramics: British Israelism

owner-psychoceramics-d--@z--.net disturbed my rest to tell me:
>From: Johannes Scmidt <r--@h--.com>
>Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 17:57:38 +1100
>Subject: Re: psychoceramics: Summary - Texe Marrs latest newsletter
>
>As for British Zionism, are you sure you don't mean British Israelism?
>This is the religious beleif that the English are the lost tribe of
>Israel (no, I kid you not, it was very popular c. 100 years ago).

A variant on it is currently popular in some strands of Northern Irish
Protestantism; some of the more resolutely peculiar branches of Unionism
even use it as a rationale for continued union with Britain, on the basis
that NI Protestants are largely of mainland British stock, and thus are
part of the lost tribe.

-----
Nothing in this post is necessarily the opinion of John Brown Publishing or
Fortean Times. On a bad day, it might not even be mine.
-----
Only the genuine Rev. Joe McNally carries the Lord Bishop Sean Manchester
Episcopal Seal of Approval. Accept no substitute!